Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I Wonder

I sit here I front of my computer in my office and I can see the neighborhood from the window. It looks just like any other neighbor hood in an other city. Kids play and people go about their daily routines not really noticing anything that is going on around them. I have lived here for three months now. I have noticed a group of boys that hang around in a little clique together. They are always around this one kid. He is a very obese black boy probably seventeen years old. Today I see him pass a package to another kid as he nervouly looks around to see if anyone is looking. I suspect that package contains drugs. I wonder what it is that makes a seventeen year old boy take the chance of prison to make a little money selling dimes on the street. He is well dressed and comes from a very good neighborhood. So have we become a society where the easy dollar is better than the one you work for. There is a murder almost everyday here. So do we settle are arguments with a gun instead of seeking justice in a more appropriate way. I am sad that I have to live in this filth. I am sad for the children.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home